As a nonprofit that provides meaningful volunteer opportunities and serves New Hampshire communities, we’ve engaged Granite State students and citizens since 1992. Our programs include:
- Wildcat Youth Mentors — helping to lower high school dropout rates
- Water Guardians – educating communities to protect New Hampshire waters
- Training Active Bystanders — teaching students how to help stop bullying
- “Veterans Résumé Services,” “Student-Safe,” and “Yes You Can“
LifeWise was started on the premise that effective volunteer placements can improve communities and the lives of individuals. We work with people of all ages and educations.
See What People are Saying:I continue to be sincerely impressed by the professionalism of your organization and the sincere commitment to serving our youth.
- Guidance Counselor, Newmarket Junior-Senior High School“To the youngsters these students are heroes,” Montville said.
- Bruce Montville, for LifeWiseIn fact, this one hour per week may be the only time that the student receives undivided attention and support from an adult.
– Family Services Director, Seymour Osman Community Center“We do a lot of listening,” Montville said. “And the listening is so effective it’s considered therapeutic listening because it allows the youngsters to get things that are on their mind off their chest.”
- Bruce Montville, for LifeWiseThis program is very near and dear to many of our hearts and we hold a special appreciation to those groups and individuals who value Teen Night as much as we do. Thank you so much for your service!
- Assistant Director, Rochester Recreation and ArenaStudents who are at risk and feel disengaged from school suddenly feel more connected and cared about. This is a very positive program.
- Guidance Counselor, Rochester Middle SchoolThe mentoring program [matched] middle and high school students with positive role models — UNH students — who have demonstrated their commitment to enhancing their mentee’s life skills.
- Executive Director, Monarch School of New EnglandWe have seen the power of mentoring on a weekly basis.
- Family Services Director, Seymour Osman Community CenterOn behalf of the entire Rochester Teen Night team, I would like to extend our deepest appreciation for your volunteer work. Wildcat Youth Mentors received high praise across the board.
- Assistant Director, Rochester Recreation and ArenaThe Water Guardians have come to speak to the 5th graders of Rye for many years now, sharing their wonderful knowledge of the New Hampshire watershed. Each visit is consistent and content-filled.
- Vertical Science Coordinator, Rye Elementary SchoolI am writing to share my satisfaction with the Wildcat Youth Mentoring Program. I am very happy to report that it was another very successful year.
- School Counselor, Oyster River Middle SchoolThe students love the visit from the “Water Dude,” explaining what they can do to protect the water supply. They love the demonstrations and always learn so much.
- Teacher, Sandown Central SchoolIt is a great pleasure to recommend the Wildcat Youth Mentoring Program.
- Family Services Director, Seymour Osman Community CenterOne of our staff members noted how wonderful it was to hear a conversation during a basketball game between a [Mentor] and a teen about how cool college is. What an awesome way to inspire these kids!
- Assistant Director, Rochester Recreation and ArenaThe [Wildcat Youth] Mentors took their responsibilities very seriously.
- School Counselor, Greenland Central SchoolWe see the positive impact Wildcat Youth Mentors has on our students and their attitude towards school. They are often waiting at the door for their mentor’s arrival.
- Intervention Specialist, Dover High SchoolWildcat Youth Mentors is an excellent program and is helping students to get through a difficult age where they can sometimes feel very much alone.
- School Counselor, Greenland Central SchoolIt is quite refreshing to interact with such a positive and responsive group of people.
- Guidance Counselor, Newmarket Junior-Senior High SchoolFor the students who had mentors this past year, I noticed a significant boost in their energy levels…each and every day. It is my pleasure to recommend Wildcat Youth Mentors.
- School Counselor, Barrington Middle SchoolThe work you are doing with this educational program is essential for maintaining and improving water quality for future generations.
- Emeritus Extension ProfessorWe have seen the power of mentoring on a weekly basis.
- Family Services Director, Seymour Osman Community CenterThe program is extremely well organized…and one that I hope to have again in our school next year.
- School Guidance Counselor, Cocheco Arts & Tech. Academy
LifeWise has partnered with numerous local New Hampshire businesses, nonprofits, agencies, and community groups. We’d like to thank the following organizations for helping us to achieve our vision of a stronger New Hampshire: